Wednesday

one day, i'll find my way home...


It's Cambodian New Year this week & I'm reflecting on the sad fact that of all the out-of-country travels I get to do first in my adult life, it happens to be a) Mexico & b) Peru. Which is a sheer shame since I hardly aced Spanish 1-3 in high school... yet, I speak fluent Khmer.


I was never quite much of a proper Cambodian, or Khmer girl growing up, but I feel as I'm getting older (and the make-up & accessorizing is getting much heavier) that I'm so very proud to get some of my unique features from such an ancient, classical, and beautifully delicate culture.


This girl was titled "Cambodian Princess" and I truly think she is gorgeous.


Now onto someone who has gone to Cambodia, and perhaps 70% of the world at that, my friend Olya has captured some amazing photos herself as well whilst on her tour of Southeast Asia.




I took these off Olya's blog, which is where you can see more of the land my parents came from, but I have yet to visit...

Happy New Year, or as we say it, sur sdei chhnam thmei.

No comments:

Post a Comment