Wednesday

primero dia en peru...

The G has landed in Lima, Peru. And so far, so bueno! Had a wonderful start with a relaxing hour massage and overly thorough facial at Divine Spa ~ what a great way to knead out the knots from my 8 hour flight and sleeping dysfunction-ally on a plane all night! The facial was so extensive too, which is a good primer since surprise, surprise, Lima actually has more smog, traffic, and pollution than LA...

Despite the constant honking, off-roading, dangerous traffic of the many cab rides survived, I finally got to sip on the official drink of Peru: Pisco Sour.

Maracuya (passion fruit) flavored was my favorite (left) & the original one reminded me of a stronger margarita. We enjoyed these drinks along with our beautiful food items at Francesco in Mira Flores...

I will be updating more on the incredible foodie experiences I enjoyed, international style, on my food blog... for now, there's just so much sorting through photos that I'm getting exhausted deciding which to post!

I'll end with some nighttime shots of my trip to Centro Lima, named because it is literally in the center of Lima and has tremendous historical backings.

This part of the country reminded me of Washington D.C., but on a much higher level (though we did pass by a "white house") and on a very religious level too. The many cathedrals were very beautiful to view & of course, the balconies are striking...

We finished the night with another Pisco sour tasting at the Grand Hotel Bolivar. 
Alright, this photo uploading & blogging thing has gotten my tired tourist feet even more beat! Buenos noches everyone!


PS. Truth be told, the internet and blogging capabilities in Lima has not been as fast as I had hoped. So with uploads of photos, editing, and recapping things between tours, amazing lunches & dinners, I feel this will all have to wait until my wondrous trip to Peru hath ended... I'm sure you can all wait ;-)

3 comments:

  1. LIKE!

    you're quite the photographer.. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love this blog Gina!! PLUS it excites my ravng need to TRAVEL and be on the move!

    AND I love being able to put you on my blogroll! yay!

    Enjoy your Peruvian travels, and YES, I'll be eagerly awaiting your stories!

    Liza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds & looks like a blast! Can't wait to see more later. Drink another Pisco sour for your prego pal ;) Give Mel un abraso grande for me!! Have a safe & fun trip! xoxo, Ana

    ReplyDelete